“8 Degree Posts List Lite” Documentation by “8Degree Themes” v1.0.0
“8 Degree Posts List Lite”
Thank you for downloading our plugin. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to email via my user page contact form here. Thanks so much!
Table of Contents
- Installing Instructions
- TAXONOMY Settings
- CONTROLS Settings
- USING SHORTCODE
A) Installing Instructions - top
Part I: INSTALLING 8 DEGREE POSTS LIST (ADMIN DASHBOARD)
- Download a fresh copy of 8 Degree Posts List Lite Plugin from https://wordpress.org/
- Go to WordPress admin dashboard
- Click on Plugin menu button at admin panel, then click on ADD NEW
- Now, click on UPLOAD button which is at top left of plugin page
- Browse the downloaded zip file of the plugin:eight-degree-posts-list.zip
- Then, click on Install Now
- After successful installation, click on Activate the plugin
Part II: INSTALLING 8 DEGREE POSTS LIST (CPANEL/FTP)
- Get the latest copy of 8 Degree Posts List Lite Plugin
- Unzip eight-degree-posts-list.zip file
- Copy the unzipped file into /wp-content/plugins directory
- Now, go to admin panel
- Click on Plugin and then on Installed Plugin
- Eight Degree Posts List will be listed as installed plugin and then click on Activate
- Eight Degree Posts List will appear on admin panel after activation as in image below
Once you have successfully installed the plugin, check on the left admin panel for Eight Degree Posts List. Clicking on it will lead you to the Taxonomy page.
B) TAXONOMY - top
In Taxonomy Settings, you can choose type of taxonomy for making query before listing out the posts for front end. Available, menu fields in this part of settings are listed below.8 Degree Posts List Lite is a very handy plugin to list out posts. Before actual listing of posts user can choose some of the options as their requirements. In total, this plugin has four set of options which are categorized into four different section of backend setup. All of the options are explained in detail in the following part of the documentation. This part of the menu deals with the taxonomy areas of WordPress. Basically, a user has a capability of making choice of the type of taxonomy to include and retrieve their posts accordingly. Further, this section can be divided into following menu options.
- Category: This menu option will list out all of the saved categories that were created while posts were added under them. 8 Degree Posts List Lite has a feature of listing out posts of multiple categories at the same time in a single setup. A user can individually choose categories for retrieving their posts as well.
- Tags: A user can make the query through the non-hierarchical taxonomy terms as well for popping out the required posts. For this, a user has to give the tags' terms into the text field. If the query is to be carried on through multiple tag's terms then they should be separated with a comma.
- Posts Ids: This menu option takes the post's id as input for retrieving the posts with corresponding post id. Also, users can leave this field blank. This option can be used to make strict retrieval of posts through posts ids.
- Posts by Author: WordPress facilitates multiple authors to add posts, and hence 8 Degree Posts List Lite has a feature of retrieving posts added by those authors in a collective way or individually too. If an author is selected then the posts posted by the author will only be listed, yet multiple authors can be chosen at once for retrieving their posts.
- Posts Status: This menu has options like publish, pending and draft. These are the status of the posts that were created by the authors. Normally, posts are with a status of published, but for different reasons, they are set in the pending or draft status too. Hence, for facilitating users to retrieve such posts with above-mentioned status this option is provided by the plugin.
C) CONTROLS -top
This section of back end setup of 8 Degree Posts List Lite
accompanies four fields as menus. All of the menu fields can make a change over how a WordPress
query is carried out for listing out the posts. This section with four menu fields is explained in detail below.
- Numbers of posts to display: Here , this menu field takes numeric value as input while it is used to retrieve posts. This input number represents total number of the posts that are to be displayed at the frontend.
- Order Posts according to: This field has option of listing out the posts in an order according to the published date and title
- Title: If this option is choosed then the posts will be listed out according to the title that is alphabetical order.
- Date: When this option is slected posts are sorted according to the date on which posts were published.
- Order in an increasing or decreasing order: Thus, such listed posts are now ready to be ordered in an ascending or descending order of post's title or date of publish with help of this menu option
- Excerpt Length: This menu option takes a numeric value as an input. The number given to it represents numbers of words to be included into the excerpt, so users can take control over their excerpt size for the frontend while listing out the posts.
D) SHOW/HIDE -top
This set of the setting consists of seven menu fields. Users can check these menus on or off for showing or hiding the contents at the frontend. Through, these control menus user can easily make changes over the front end of the plugin that is posts list.
- Title: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the title of the post.
- Author: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the author of the post.
- Date: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the date when the post was published.
- Excerpt: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the excerpt of the post.
- Comments Count: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the comments count of the post.
- Image: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the image of the post.
- Category: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the category of the post.
- Tags: Check or uncheck this item to show or just to hide the tags of the post.
E) TEMPLATES -top
8 Degree Posts List Lite
comes with 5 inbuilt templates. All of the templates are unique in design and are responsive and adoptive to all of the available modern devices in the market. All available templates are listed below.
- Clean Blue
- Full Width
- Bubble Green
F) Using Shortcode - top
Use shortcodes into pages or posts where posts are to be listed out
Shortcode for pages and posts
This plugin is very easy to setup using shortcodes. For each post settings published under the 8 Degree Posts List Lite plugin ,a new shortcode is generated and listed in the EDPL Shortcodes metabox at right side of the plugin's setup page.
Such generated shortcode, [edpl post_list_id="686"] can be used by coping and placing it into the posts and pages. Thus the posts will be displayed according to setup at the place where shortcode is placed.
Shortcode for including into template files
Again, output to frontend can be generated from a template file by embedding shortcode generated by the plugin into it. Just simply, copy code that looks like one below that is listed in metabox to the template file.
<?php echo do_shortcode("[edpl post_list_id='686']"); ?>
Please visit https://8degreethemes.com/demo/plugins/eight-degree-posts-list-plugin// for more detail documentation.
AND IF THIS PLUGIN HAS IMPRESSED YOU, THEN YOU WOULD ENJOY OUR OTHER PROJECTS TOO. DO CHECK THESE OUT :
WPAll Club A complete WordPress resources club. WordPress tutorials, blogs, curated free and premium themes and plugins, WordPress deals, offers, hosting info and more.
Premium WordPress Themes 6 premium WordPress themes well suited for all sort of websites. Professional, well coded and highly configurable themes for you.
Premium WordPress Plugins 45+ premium WordPress plugins of many different types. High user ratings, great quality and best sellers in CodeCanyon marketplace.
AccessPress Themes AccessPress Themes has 50+ beautiful and elegant, fully responsive, multipurpose themes to meet your need for free and commercial basis.
8Degree Themes 8Degree Themes offers 15+ free WordPress themes and 16+ premium WordPress themes carefully crafted with creativity.