Do you want to change your WordPress theme? Thinking of revamping your website as per your current necessities? Want to develop a user-centered design?
If your answer is yes to any of the above questions, let us remind you that you’re in the right article!
Changing the theme on WordPress is a manageable task. But, the fact is that, if you don’t change your WordPress themes properly it might badly affect your SEO rankings.
An individual or business owning a website must know that there is no such thing as a timeframe to change your WordPress themes. When there are different choices for design, functionalities, and updates, you can redesign the WordPress website according to your needs.
Revamping your website will benefit you with positive changes to impress your customers and meet the current market trends.
Moreover, you can make your website more responsive, better visibility in different search engines, upgrading the content management system (CMS), and more.
We will get into the clear idea to change your WordPress themes but before that, let’s know how will it benefit us!
Benefits of Changing Your WordPress Theme
WordPress powers almost 40% of sites on the internet. Among them, nearly every website user uses different themes of different niches to build their website.
The fact is that website owners choose a theme with a different perspective at the beginning. As the years pass by and experience and knowledge kick in, they are motivated to choose a theme that meets their wants and requirements.
Let’s get familiar with the benefits of changing the website theme in detail!
- Provides enhanced functionalities: New themes often come with better functionalities. For example, the Gutena theme launched recently is an advanced block-based WordPress theme. This feature might not be available in the previous themes.
- Fresh and new look: Having the same visual over 10 years might give you that dullness. Moreover, if you decide to change your WordPress theme you can provide your website with a better design. “Change is inevitable.” Everyone likes change, and so will your website visitors, customers, business partners, and more.
- Better SEO optimization: “There is no one secret to SEO success – it’s a combination of technical knowledge, creativity, and hard work.” When you change your WordPress theme, you can get a better and optimized loading speed, clean code, visibility, and ranking at the top of different search engines.
- Technical improvements: The technical improvements of your website usually include, unbeatable coding standards, speed, performance optimization, security, and more.
Things To Do Before Changing Theme on WordPress
If you’re still reading this article, you might have come across the thought of changing your WordPress theme.
Note: Before you decide to change your WordPress theme, you should back up all of your:
- Posts and pages
- WordPress plugins
- Images, and videos
- Database and more
Moreover, let’s get to learn about more things to do before changing the theme on WordPress in detail:
- Backup the website: Almost every theme developers suggest that users back up the website before they change their WordPress theme. Not only a theme but try to back up the entire things that might get affected during the process.
- Overall performance metrics: Comparison is a better thing to do. So, if you decide to change your WordPress theme, firstly measure the overall performance of your website. Then change the theme and again check out the performance. This way you can have an idea of page load time before and after you switch themes.
- Review the Support: Support is one of the most important things that you should consider when you change your WordPress theme. Even if you get stuck in the process of revamping your website, you can reach out for help.
- Update website to maintenance mode: It is a very good practice to put your website into maintenance mode. It will keep your user updated on the current condition of your website. Also, it suggests that visitors do not see the website when it is under any kind of construction.
How Often Should You Change Your WordPress Theme?
There is no certain period of time when you should change your WordPress theme. Moreover, if your website lacks some of the things mentioned below, you should definitely consider changing the theme on WordPress.
- Responsiveness: If your theme doesn’t work properly on any device ranging from mobile to desktop, it is time for you to change your WordPress theme. It is because a lack of responsiveness will eventually cause you to lose your loyal and general traffic to the website.
- Functions and designs: The design and functionality of your website should always be your prime focus. However, if it doesn’t seem to fit the current market trends in any way, you need to focus on redesigning the WordPress website.
- Incompatible: You should change your WordPress themes when it is not compatible with any other plugins, WooCommerce, or any other things. Make sure that your theme is up to date and compatible with all the necessary equipment.
- Overall Performance: If there is a drastic change in the overall ranking and performance of the website it’s time that you consider changing your WordPress theme. The new theme will enable you to have better and optimized speed.
This is the end of our article “Revamping Your Website: How Often Should You Change Your WordPress Theme?”
We hope this article helps you have a better understanding of the benefits of changing your WordPress theme, things to do before changing your theme, and how often you should change it!
Also, if you want our suggestions on new WordPress themes, we would definitely suggest you choose Gutena. This block theme is built for speed and functionality, which will help you create an amazing website.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below.
Also, check out: