WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) in the world today. It offers a wide range of attractive and premium themes that can make your website look professional and high-quality.
However, if you want your website to stand out and drive more traffic, then you need to work on branding. The most important thing that you need for that is a unique logo, as that can give your website a distinct identity and help in building trust in the target demographic.
The following are some of the main reasons why you need a WordPress logo for your theme:
- A beautiful and creative WordPress theme logo will make your website look more professional. You will observe that all popular websites have logos and it’s best if yours has too.
- It’s easier to win the trust of Internet users when your website has a premium-quality logo. This is because only when website owner cares about their business, they will take the pain to create a quality logo.
- An original and distinct logo can greatly boost the memorability factor. So, when a visitor will see your logo on other websites and ads, they will recognize you immediately.
Designing a beautiful logo has become a lot easier and cheaper than ever today. The following are some of the best online tools that you can use to design premium logos easily:
GraphicSprings is one of the original logo generator tools that came to market. It is an easy-to-use solution that offers over 6000 logo templates that can be customized using the latest in AI. The design process consists of a three-step onboarding process that allows you to generate a variety of templates for your logo as well as other branding elements. It is quite simple and intuitive to use even if you don’t have any design experience.
Tailor Brands is an advanced artificial intelligence-powered online logo maker that makes logo designing easy and simple. This is because it’s engineered to understand your design requirements just like a human graphics designer. You just need to make a few choices about the kind of logo you want for your website and share some basic details like the name of your brand, industry, etc. and the tool can create unique logos for you in a matter of seconds! You also get to edit the final designs as much as you like. You are free to get started right now. It has an intuitive dashboard, so there is barely a learning curve there.
With over 10,000 logo templates, DesignEvo is one of the biggest logo makers across the web. You can use it to search for high-quality templates in a variety of domains like technology, gaming, food, and more. So, it doesn’t matter what niche your WordPress website is, you will find something for it in the template section.
With DesignEvo, you can access to over 100 stylish fonts, vector formats like PDF and SVG, and the convenience of cloud-based saving. It’s a simple but highly effective solution which you should check out.
Squarespace is a free logo maker that you can use to create some of the most amazing logos in multiple languages like Chinese, Russian, etc. The tool is tied into the company’s website builder but you can use any logo you create with it for any purpose.
Squarespace is highly recommended if you want a graphics editor that’s easy to work with and want support for multiple languages. However, if you need scalable vector formats like EPS or SVG, then this one is not for you.
Need a decent WordPress theme logo but are in a hurry? If your answer to the question is “yes”, then you can use the Cool logo. It’s easily one of the most straightforward logo designer tools on the Internet that comes in a no-frills package. When you visit the website, you can see a decent selection of logo templates. You can pick a template that you like and customize it as per your requirements- you can change the logo text, size, colour, and fonts. Once you are done, you can download the design for free. Just don’t expect great quality stuff here.
Logogenie is another quality logo maker that deserves to be on this list. It’s simple, easy to use, and offers tons of great features that make logo design fun. What’s more- it offers a logo maker system that can be covered in just 3 steps:
- Share your company name with the design tool
- Pick your choice icon for the design
- Customize your logo with styling effects and other design features
Logogenie allows you to customize your logo the way you want. You can play around with fonts, colours, icons, and other design elements. You can create multiple versions of your logos, adjust the designs on the fly, and even enjoy good customer service. You can’t get many logo makers as good as Logogenie, that’s for sure!
So, there you have it- some of the best online logo maker programs that you can use to create the perfect logo for your WordPress theme. Check them out, you are sure to enjoy the experience. Just make sure that your design is suited to your website niche and is unique. Also, don’t forget to study the basic principles of logo design when you get started. Even if you have experience with graphic design and digital art, it’s a good idea to brush up on the guiding principles of logo design.
Adding Logo to the Front-End of Your WordPress Site
Once your logo is ready, you can easily add it to your WordPress theme. To find the theme, you can go to Appearance > Themes. Then take the following steps:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click the Appearance tab on the left side. Select Header from the list of options.
- Find the option that lets you upload an image (logo in this case). Some themes recommend certain dimensions for your logo image and you can crop your logo accordingly. You can click Choose File option and locate the logo file on your system. You can select it and upload it to the dashboard.
- Your theme may put filler text in the logo region unless an image is uploaded. You can uncheck the “Show header text” button and click “save changes”.
- Visit the front-end side of your website to see if the logo looks appropriate on the theme. This is because some themes put logos on the right side, while others on the left or centre. In most cases, you would want the logo to appear on the left side of the screen since that’s the norm we have today.
If you aren’t able to upload the logo with the method above, then you can also get the job done through some website code modification. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the Media tab and upload your logo image
- Locate the Header.php file and open it to see the code. Locate the line between the H1 brackets i.e. between. Delete this content.
- Write the following code:
<h1><img src=”image_name.jpg” border=0 alt=”My Site” /></h1>
- Replace “image_name.jpg” with the URL of your uploaded logo. You can also replace “My Site” with whatever text you want as the alternative text. With this done, the process is over!
Things to Keep in Mind
- Your logotype (icon-based, name-based, or hybrid) should depend on your website niche. However, it’s not necessary to choose a font or icon that aptly reflects your industry. You can also go for abstract designs that don’t tell anything about your industry but are unique and attractive.
- Try to create horizontal logos rather than vertical logos. This is because vertical logos don’t always fit well with the rest of WordPress websites, and it’s even more challenging when you work with WordPress themes.
- Keep your logo as simple as possible. This is because it’s easy to alter simple designs so that they can be used in various sections of your website. Plus, simple designs are easy to remember and make your website look less cluttered.
- Choose the right colours and fonts. Different colours represent different emotions red represents passion and energy, white represents purity, and purple represents luxury and royalty. Similarly, some fonts are formal, and others are edgy, feminine, etc.
- When you design the logo, keep the future in mind. Your design concept may make sense today if it’s based on a new trend. However, if the trend fades away in a few years, then your logo will lose its relevance and importance. So, prefer timeless designs that are unaffected by changing trends.
- You are free to study other popular WordPress logos for inspiration. However, when you sketch your logo, then be sure to keep it original and as creative as possible. You don’t want to come off as a copycat and instead strive to create your own identity.
There is no dearth of premium and high-quality WordPress themes online today. However, you should always try to personalize whatever theme you pick to stand out from the crowd and establish a brand. Customized WordPress themes look more professional and trusted than basic themes. However, you needn’t worry as you will find all the information you need to get started in this blog.