In WordPress, Category is one of the predefined taxonomies used to sort content and blogs into different sections. When you search for any website, you can see the options. Some categories are not that necessary to get appeared on the homepage. Do you want to exclude a category from your WordPress homepage?
You might not want your users to read some article as it is not much necessary and is not relevant as per the category. By default, WordPress doesn’t allow to hide some posts in the specific categories. You might not want that category to appear in your site. Therefore, it’s necessary to exclude a category from your WordPress homepage.
Why exclude a category from your WordPress homepage?
Your homepage is a formation of your site. If you have a beautiful and appealing homepage, your site looks good to the viewers and they might be interested in reading the blogs or article written over there. If you have a category that has unnecessary posts, you may have trouble. When you exclude a specific category that is not necessary for the homepage, it becomes easy for you to maintain your site.
Being this said let us head towards excluding a category form WordPress homepage. There are two different ways of doing it. You can exclude a category using a plugin or code. Since we are a learner or beginner to WordPress, Let us make it simple and easy by just installing a plugin.
Excluding a category from your WordPress homepage
- Log In to your site or Click on Dashboard
- Click on Plugins>>Add New
- Search for the plugin Ultimate Category Excluder in the Plugin Search box. You can choose the plugin as per your wish.
- Once the plugin appears in your screen, Click on Install
- Click on Activate after the plugin is installed
You can see the option of Category Excluder in Settings when you activate your plugin.
- Click on Settings>>Category Excluder
- You can see all the categories you have in your WordPress blog. You can also see the option of Exclude from Front Page
- Select the categories you want to exclude from your WordPress homepage.
- Click on the Update button to save all your settings.
Finally, you have excluded a category from your WordPress homepage. You can also exclude your category from feed, archives or even from WordPress research.
Your WordPress site might have some posts that you don’t want to appear on your homepage. In this case, you can easily exclude the category from your homepage. Understanding the importance of excluding it from your homepage, get it done quickly with this tutorial. You can easily exclude a category you don’t want in your homepage. If you have any queries with the tutorial then Please let us know.