Before Getting the Screen Options enabled or disabled in the WordPress Website. Let us know ‘What is Screen Options?’ Screen Options is a fly down menu which helps to configure the view of a particular page in the admin area. It usually contains a checkbox to show and hide different sections of an admin screen. Options of Screen Option changes from one media screen to the another. This option helps to get as much support as possible to its users.
Why Disable Screen Options Button?
Although Screen Option is a better option for all of the users. It’s now quite important for WordPress Beginners to know and use this feature. The reason behind disabling the Screen Option is that many users find it really hard to use them. This option creates a lot of confusion among beginners. WordPress will be much easier to use without enabling this feature. But, after disabling the Screen Options Button the site with have an easy function and seem to be clear, simple and clean.
Disable Screen Options Button in WordPress
- User need to Login to the Dashboard. Then to Install a plugin Click on the button Plugins. Then add on the button Add New.
- Search for the Plugin Adminimize. After being able to see the plugin Click on the Button Activate than Install Now. For further more guidance go through the plugin ‘How to Install a New Plugin?’
Note: This plugin is Outdated due to certain reasons. But the way to use another plugin to Disable Screen Options Button is also similar.
- After the Installation, and activating the Plugin users need to Click on the button Settings. There they can see another option Adminimize. Click on the button Adminimize.
- Then there arrives a Mini Menu Option. Click on the button Global Options which is given at the sixth place.
- Now Users can see different options as Deactivate for Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber. Tick on the options next any one of them for whom you want to Deactivate the feature.
- Lastly, don’t forget to Click on the button Update to make the changes visible. Now the users can see the Screen Options button Disabled from the Admin Area.
Within some few and easy steps, Users will be able to Disable the Screen Options button in WordPress through the help of this plugin. It’s the easiest method as users do not need to have any kind of coding knowledge. Using plugin is simple, easier and cleaner. This method can be applicable for both the WordPress Beginners and the experts. After disabling this feature the user won’t have any kind of confusion and WordPress site will appear to be much cleaner.
Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendations below. Feel free to share the problems and pieces of information in the comment section below.