First of all let us know what is SVG? SVG is an XML-based vector image which is used in website to display icons and logos in the website. They are mainly popular among all the developers as it scalable image format. Generally WordPress doesn’t allow to upload it in the sites due to the security concerns.
Why to add SVG in WordPress Site?
- It itself opens up the vulnerabilities through which normal image format are not affected.
- SVG includes bomb nested entities and Xss Attacks.
- Utilizes the code.
- Enables to enlarge graphics without degrading the image quality.
- Save the images of small size without any error.
Add SVG in WordPress Site
- Firstly Login to the Dashboard of the Site. On the Left bar there is a Plugins option. Click on the button Add New.
- Search for the plugins SVG Support. After seeing the plugin to install. Click on the Button Install Now and then on Activate. For the more guide look at the tutorial to install a plugin.
- Then Click on the Button Settings. Among the various options Click on the button SVG Support.
- Click on the box next to ‘Restrict to Administrators’. This option allows only the site administrator to upload the SVG files. Don’t forget to Click on the Button Save Changes to save the made Settings.
- User can create a new post or edit the existing one. Upload the image in Post Editor . Simply add the image block to the editor than upload the SVG file.
- Now all of the users will be able to embed all the SVG files in WordPress.
Adding SVG in WordPress allows to keep the smallest image with amazing picture quality. This will make the site look more appealing, professional and systematic. In this Tutorial all the WordPress Beginners are taught to add SVG within some few simple steps. The plugin suggested to use in this Tutorial is free as well as effective.
Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendations below. Feel free to share.
You can also checkout our collection of: